Thursday, May 18, 2006

Penne bosciola

penne bosciola

Been cooking penne bosciola a bit lately. Got some takeaway penne bosciola from the Italian Bowl on King St, Newtown a few weeks ago and then by the time we got it home, it wasn't piping hot anymore. The other 'close' Italian place is somewhere like Bar Italia on Norton St, Leichhardt. So I figured I'd try and cook it at home. Found a simple recipe, bought some mushrooms, cream, and ham and voila, I can have the meal on the table in 12 minutes (the time it takes the penne to cook) and it's probably faster than driving and then trying to find a park anyway. And it's piping hot as it only has to go from the saucepan to the plate to the table.

I seem to go through food phases, like I'll crave Japanese sushi or udon noodles and then just eat many meals of it then go through a Thai food phase then a Chinese food phase then an Italian food phase... Then at some point I get over it and then can't look at that type of food for a while and then go onto another type of food...